Yield: 12 cupcakes | Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups cake flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 230 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Full cream
- Optional: Crushed candy for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line 12 muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip oil and sugar together. Stir in vanilla. In a measuring cup, stir Almond Breeze and vinegar together. Set aside to curdle. In a different bowl, stir all dry ingredients together until evenly mixed. Alternate mixing in wet and dry ingredients to the batter starting and ending with dry.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans and bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs after being inserted. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, whip all ingredients together in a large bowl 3-5 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and top with crushed candy, if desired.